Online Restaurant For Brains

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Brain Food Restaurant (My Fiction) IV - Part Of IV

I pondered a while. I could get her point. She had floated the idea of a brain food restaurant. She was laying stress on creating awareness for developing the need of literature, just as we feel the necessity of other foods. She was not talking of only the urban or semi urban population, but making the good literature available to people living in remote areas even in developing and under developed countries.
                                                                                                                                                      
How are you going to achieve that?” I enquired.
I am not alone in this task. We are a group. We shall invite individuals, societies self groups, N.G.Os. We will help them open as many restaurants as are needed. We have a big market potential. We have enough space in this building. We invite writers to come here and do their work here. We provide them the reading and writing material. They write here. We purchase their preparations.”    She told me briefly.
 Whenever you have a sincere and honest desire to undertake some project, funds and training come your way. So I preferred a straight question to her.
Will you give logistic support and training to sincere and honest entrepreneurs?” I curiously asked her.
Yes why not, we have planned many schemes. I’ll discuss them at a proper time”, came the reply.  
Unbelievable!  Superb!  Were the two words that came to my mind? But on her face I only said, “O.K. I’ll meet you again, Good-Bye!”
 “Namaskar sir” She said, “please (you) do come.” She had stood up from her seat and her hands were folded. I turned my back and left the place.
I did my shopping and came back to my home. I got busy in my house holds activities.
In the night when I was lying down on my bed, I felt a little disturbed in my mind. This was because of the happenings of the day. The more I was analyzing the facts and arguments that she had narrated, the more I had praise for the lady and her mission.
I was wondering why nobody could get the idea that definitely our brain too needs food. The food for brain is definitely the literature. Subsequently as a corollary the other terminologies seem to be logical. But the lady has not made an attempt to impose them as mandatory.
Anyway, there could be a debate on this issue. Her stress was not on the terminology. Her only concept is that we should accept and promote that a healthy literature is a nutritive brain food. For a society to be healthy, feeding the mind with healthy and nutritive literature regularly is no less important than consuming food by mouth.
I was thinking that in our country the literacy rate is not up to the mark. If people are educated, their exploitation will stop.  Many children want to study, but they do not get the proper guidance as well as facility. More over no Govt. alone can do this mammoth task. More and more people will have to come forward and open such restaurants. Similarly in other developing countries also the efforts should be made.
Certainly the people should realize that brain too needs food. They should feel the importance of reading the literature. The need is to create awareness in the light of this concept.
The literature should be made available at affordable cost and at approachable distance.
Most of us have a rural back ground. I have myself found that barring a few, not a single village is there, where people can go and get their brain food. Really much work is required to be done in this direction. Even in urban and semi urban areas the facilities are dwindling.
Teaching institutions will have to share this responsibility. Donors will have to share the responsibility. Most important is awareness generation; so that more and more need is felt by the people.
 The next day when I reached my office, the first thing I did was to mail the following lines:
“Dear Bella, my blessings are with you. This is hurricane task. Go-ahead! I am with you.”
Now I realized that I should make a team of like minded people. We should make people accept that our brain too needs food.
The place where we take food is called a restaurant. So Govt. NGOs, Individuals should open more and more Brain Food Restaurants. If this name is not acceptable, we can give some other name to such places.
W.H.O. has defined health as, “A state of complete physical, mental and social well being.” If an individual gets proper, healthy brain nourishment, he/she will be mentally, physically and socially healthy. If the individual is healthy, the society will be in a state of good health.
Thus the healthier is the brain food consumption by the people, the better will be the health, they will achieve. The more the people are healthy, the more the society will be healthy. For this you need more brain food Restaurants.   
Now, to my respected readers I put a straight question. With changing times should we not accept this concept of Brain Food? We want our people to be mentally healthy. Literature is brain food. So if people take this healthy brain food, our society will definitely get benefit.
Food is a necessity for living beings. Is literature not a brain food? For the health of an individual, is healthy literature/brain food not essential?

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction I

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction II

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction III

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction IV

My Request To All Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment