Online Restaurant For Brains

Monday, September 20, 2010

Brain Food Restaurant (My Fiction) II - Part Of IV

After some time I was sitting in a small but cozy air conditioned room. In front of me, on an office chair, there was sitting a beautiful, smart young lady. She was not a heavy weight, old fashioned snobbish proprietor. I stole some time to look around me in the room. Behind the seat of the lady there was a brass name plate, on which her name was embossed.
 It was Bella Biss, M.Sc. M.B.A. Ph.D. I noticed.
Good Morning sir, I am obliged that you visited our restaurant!” The lady said.
Good morning!” I replied rather vaguely.
I have a complaint against you” I was in a pensive mood and in the same flow I said furiously,
 You are deceiving people. I shall definitely sue you for this and if I am saying that, it means, I mean it,
Cool Down sir. If my staff has misbehaved with you, I apologize for that. I shall take action and will ensure that they do not repeat,” She gave me an assurance.
 No, there is nothing like that. On the contrary, I should say that they are very decent and well mannered,” I controlled my anger and talked between my teeth.
Then, please let me know sir, where are we erring?” She asked inquisitively.
Erring? You talk of erring? You are committing crime; tell me where the restaurant is? Where is the food? Can it be called a restaurant, cuisine or Bar-Be-Que, from any angle?” I almost burst out in anger and before she could react I quelled,
I would have never wasted my time on a book shop like this, had I known that it is a book shop cum library. In which dictionary or encyclopedia, restaurant means a book shop or a library?’”
Who has time to read books today, in the age of electronic media? You have spoiled mine as well as my family’s Sunday. I shall sue you and see that your so called restaurant is closed. Nobody in future will dare deceive innocent people by opening such shops,” I almost shouted and felt that my body was shaking with anger.
 I was about to stand up for leaving that place, when she muttered very softly,
Sir, I am nobody to stop you from taking any action. But prior to that please do listen to me,”
 Now say what you want to!” said I, clenching my fists.
She took a deep breath and started.
I am about 32yrs. Old. I belong to a reputable family of Delhi. I did my M.B.A. and Ph.D. from abroad. During all these years I observed that the present generation of children and young people is losing the habit of studying books and literature and also there is less availability to the common man” While she was telling, I observed that somewhere in her soul there was some deep pain. Her throat choked.
 She gulped some water and further continued, “When I was pursuing my studies in science, I learnt that our thought process depends upon our knowledge and past experiences. Since the dawn of civilization humans had have been getting many experiences. They learnt to share their knowledge and experiences with other people. This sharing encouraged them to make new discoveries and inventions. Also many social reforms and behaviors are attributed to the ideas of eminent scholars and writers.
Now I was a bit relaxed. There was a point in what she was stating. Whatever she was saying had some sense. She was not talking something irrelevant.
She took a pause there and then continued,
Continued………

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction I

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction II

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction III

Brain Food Restaurant My Fiction IV

My Request To All Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment